WEST COLUMBIA, SC -- While the state of South Carolina has reopened, containing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be a priority.
For the latest updates and resources from DHEC, go to scdhec.gov/COVID19.
Other items to note:
IN OUR SCHOOLS
We are spending the summer planning for the 2020-21 school year. COVID-19 is presenting a number of challenges, and our commitment to a safe learning environment for students and employees means school will look much different this fall. Stay tuned for late summer communications about reopening.
HEALTHY HABIT REMINDERS
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Check out these useful CDC tips about when and how to wash hands: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue and throw it away after use.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Wear a mask in public settings.
What you need to know about Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
Testing/screening sites and DHEC's latest data: https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19
Coronavirus and Children: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/children-faq.html
Talking with students of all ages about Coronavirus: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/coronavirus.html?ET_CID=20200304_SN_BreakingNews_Coronavirus_EC_RET_28199&ET_RID=1086051370
What to do if you are sick with Coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html